[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
PC-1500.info • View topic - TE-1509: An SRAM-only expansion board

PC-1500.info

All and more about the PC-1500 family
It is currently September 20, 2019, 7:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 2, 2015, 1:44 am 

Attachments:
File comment: Schematic.
te-1501-sch-700.png
te-1501-sch-700.png [ 145.81 KiB | Viewed 13976 times ]
File comment: Board, front.
te-1501-brd-fnt-700.png
te-1501-brd-fnt-700.png [ 116.05 KiB | Viewed 13976 times ]
File comment: Board, back.
te-1501-brd-bck-700.png
te-1501-brd-bck-700.png [ 136.6 KiB | Viewed 13976 times ]

Last edited by arantius on May 2, 2015, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: May 2, 2015, 8:11 am 
Administrateur du site

That's nice !
The CD4085 is a good option is have never used. ;)

The module code from TE-1501 to TE-1508 and TE-1560 are already used by my projects.
Could you rename your one to TE-1509 ?
I have to write a list with codes and project names.

PostPosted: May 2, 2015, 3:52 pm 

Renamed. I figured 1501 was good because this is pretty basic, but I definitely don't want to collide if you've already used it!

I'm planning to do one more pass to check that my logic and wiring is correct everywhere then get a prototype manufactured. Which reminds me: I still don't know for certain how thick this board should be. A standard 1.6mm board looks like it won't fit in the slot, but what's right? 1.2mm, 1.0mm?

PostPosted: May 2, 2015, 3:57 pm 
Administrateur du site

Thank you for renaming ;) I had to publish the list before.

A thickness with 1mm seems to be OK. That's the value i used for my RAM/EEProm prototype boards but not yet received.
I hope it will be in my mailbox at the beginning of next week.
I'll tell you.

PostPosted: May 4, 2015, 3:56 pm 
Administrateur du site

I confirm that 1mm is ok for a module !

PostPosted: May 4, 2015, 4:01 pm 

Awesome!

Over the weekend I realized that A) I accidentally picked a 3v3 SRAM chip and B) got some of the active-low logic confused. I've reworked my design quite a bit as a result. But my path forward now is to 1) re-re-check my schematics, 2) order parts and check that my footprints are all correct, then 3) order the boards to be fabbed.

I'm also a bit concerned about vertical space. I've measured the slot at 7mm; if 1mm is the board, that leaves only 3mm on either side. My battery holder, for example, is 4.2mm. Uh oh.

PostPosted: May 4, 2015, 4:36 pm 
Administrateur du site

Why don't you use a CR2032 battery with tabs ?
Sure, it needs a solder iron to change it but… in 5 years if you don't use it.

PostPosted: May 9, 2015, 11:14 pm 

Decided to go for a CR2016 for height -- half in fact. Figured out what Vgg was and used that to keep the SRAM active without relying on the backup battery so much. Got the components today and tweaked the footprints. I think I'm ready to get the boards fabbed.

Source at github is up to date. Happy to hear feedback, especially on the new schematic. And do I have the 40 pins arranged in the right order?

Attachments:
te1509-3d.jpg
te1509-3d.jpg [ 132.12 KiB | Viewed 13958 times ]
te1509-brd.png
te1509-brd.png [ 71.54 KiB | Viewed 13958 times ]
te1509-sch.png
te1509-sch.png [ 46.45 KiB | Viewed 13958 times ]
PostPosted: June 6, 2015, 3:57 am 

The boards arrived today (having been ordered on May 11, a fair time given the free shipping from China).

te-1509-boards-sm.jpg
te-1509-boards-sm.jpg [ 183.55 KiB | Viewed 13869 times ]

Assembled without much fuss.

te-1509-assembled-sm.jpg
te-1509-assembled-sm.jpg [ 209.18 KiB | Viewed 13869 times ]

And it fits perfectly.

te-1509-inserted-sm.jpg
te-1509-inserted-sm.jpg [ 80.49 KiB | Viewed 13869 times ]

Sadly I've gotten something wrong. It doesn't work. I had to do a hard reset before it would turn on with the board inserted. With that, "status 0" now shows 18234. If I put more than a few bytes' worth of a program in, though, it totally wigs out, responding with random noise on random program lines. (Below that, it works though!?) When turning the PC off, Vcc hangs around 3v rather than dropping to 0. (Related?) After a while, the PC locks up, requiring another hard reset.

And I hardly know where to look to try to figure out why. Ah well.

PostPosted: June 6, 2015, 10:27 pm 
Administrateur du site

Uh… :?
When you press off then Vgg is 3V and Vcc is 0 ?
Vgg should be 3V to keep data in internal memory and module.

After a hard reset did you execute NEW&0 ?
Did you make your test with a CR-3032 inserted in the module ?

There is a problem with the resistor setting pin 30 on 5V. The 5v is connected directly to pin 30.
Pin 1 is unconnected ?